So I’ve sucked at Blogging for March, but it’s been a busy month, particularly with a family vacation to Cuba. Perhaps April will be better.
We’ll start with the days of the month for Year of Celebration.
April starts with Foolishness Day. Yes, I’m not celebrating April Fools’ Day. The ethics of pranking your friends and family are dubious at the best of times, so I don’t see the point in taking a day (or half a day, depending on your tradition) to celebrate something I disagree with.
However, I can certainly do something foolish today, something silly. I may even share what it is. I encourage everyone else to bypass the practical jokes and just engage in something mindlessly fun and possibly publicly embarrassing if anyone notices.
For the rest of the month, there are lots of things to celebrate. If you don’t like mine, make up some of your own.
- 1-Apr-13 Foolishness Day
- 2-Apr-13 International Children’s Book Day
- 3-Apr-13 1st of of Dark Sky Week
- 4-Apr-13 Vitamin C Day
- 5-Apr-13 One Day Without Shoes Day
- 6-Apr-13 Plan Your Epitaph Day
- 7-Apr-13 World Health Day
- 8-Apr-13 Cherish an Antique Day
- 9-Apr-13 Name Yourself Day
- 10-Apr-13 National Sibling Day
- 11-Apr-13 Eight Track Tape Day
- 12-Apr-13 Yuri’s Night
- 13-Apr-13 James Bond Day
- 14-Apr-13 Look Up at the Sky Day
- 15-Apr-13 Rubber Eraser Day
- 16-Apr-13 National Stress Awareness Day
- 17-Apr-13 Pet Owners Independence Day
- 18-Apr-13 High Five Day
- 19-Apr-13 Day of Silence, Garlic Day
- 20-Apr-13 Astronomy Day
- 21-Apr-13 Kindergarten Day
- 22-Apr-13 Earth Day
- 23-Apr-13 Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day
- 24-Apr-13 Hug Your Kids Day
- 25-Apr-13 Take Your Daughter to Work Day
- 26-Apr-13 Richter Scale Day
- 27-Apr-13 Morse Code Day
- 28-Apr-13 Great Poetry Reading Day
- 29-Apr-13 Greenery Day
- 30-Apr-13 Honesty Day
Be well, everyone.